At Grantown Playgroup we aim:
- To have fun.
- To provide a safe and stimulating environment for all children.
- To deliver responsive and flexible Early Learning and Childcare in line with the Pre-birth to Three, Curriculum for Excellence and Building the Ambition policy documents.
- To actively involve children in the planning and assessment of their own learning.
- To meet the Health and Care Standards.
- To ensure that all staff are registered with the Scottish Social Services Council and adhere to their Codes of Practice.
- To be proactive in involving parents in all aspects of the life of the centre.
- To be actively involved within the local community.
- To foster an ethos of ongoing staff training and development.
- To provide parents/carers with regular information about their child's progress and development.
- To monitor our progress against the How Good Is Our Early Learning and Childcare? document.
- To provide relevant support for children, using the Well-being Indicators within the Getting It Right For Every Child Framework to ensure that every child is Safe, Healthy, Achieving, Nurtured, Active, Respected, Responsible and Included.
We aspire to achieve these aims by offering a wide range of play activities, carefully planned to enhance children's learning across the curriculum and beyond.
To provide a caring and nurturing environment within which children, families and staff feel secure and happy, and within which children, through play, can achieve their full potential to become successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors.